AH33 - CHECKINCHALLENGE
Zueike partnered with Andrew Harris of the Winnipeg Blue Bombers to bring awareness to mental health. The holidays can cause extra strain to our mental health - particularly with so many of us being physically isolated this year. So don’t forget to take part in the #CheckInChallenge and use the resources listed if the people you are checking on are struggling with their mental health.
#CheckInChallenge #AH33 #Zueike #MentalHealthAwareness
- Rainbow Resource Centre:
- Watch the Holiday Self Care video. This gives tips on getting through the Holidays.
- They will have some “Same Week” counselling appointments available during winter break. Call 204-474-0212 or 1-855-437-8523 to book.
- There will be no youth programming until Jan 4th, but the youth can message our coordinator via our Instagram page to setup counselling appts themselves.
- NorWest Youth Hub Follow their Instagram account where they have shared some Holiday Self Care Challenges
- Teen Talk
- Sunshine house has created a Winnipeg list of Pandemic resources
- Stigma Free Society has some COVID-19 youth wellness kits (activities, videos, games, exercises, etc.), broken into grades 4-6 and 7-12
- Jack.org has some Mental Health resources
- Klinic (24/7): Do not have the capacity for in-person counselling until the new year. Their phone lines are still available though.
- Crisis line: 204-786-8686 or 1-888-322-3019
- Suicide Prevention Hotline: 1-877-435-7170
- Sexual Assault Crisis Line: 204-786-8631
- Kids Help Phone (24/7):
- Youth Mobile Crisis unit (24/7):
- Crisis Services: 204-949-4777 or 1-888-383-2776
- Emergency Shelter: 204-477-1804 or 1-888-477-1804
- Hope for Wellness (24/7):
- Immediate mental health counselling and crisis intervention to all Indigenous peoples across Canada: 1-855-242-3310
- Online Chat: visit the website
- Trans Lifeline (24/7)
- Also have some great resources